What is the TubeCube® System and How Does it Work?
WHK’s TubeCube®Tubing Connector System (Patent Pending) are cubes that serve as connection points in tubing assemblies and manifolds. Each cube is composed of two sections that we call shells, a top and a bottom. We mold the shells out of USP Class VI polypropylene. A tapered end is molded onto the end of each tube. Then, the desired tube sizes (or a simple plug) are inserted into the bottom shell. There's no need for step-down connections with different sizes of tubing. The two shell sections are then screwed together, securing the connection. The tapered ends come together within the cube, making a virtually leak-proof seal, forming the fluid path and providing a smooth inner bore with unrestricted flow. See how they're put together here.
What are the Advantages of the TubeCube® Tubing Connector System?
- Join C-Flex®, PharMed®, silicone and TPE tubing in a single shell*
- Join different diameters of tubing in a single shell
- No need for step-down connections
- Fewer connections mean lower cost
- Fewer connections mean less chance for contamination and leaks
- Get the strength of overmolding without the overmolded price
- Use any length of tubing you desire between connections – no restrictions
- Smooth inner bore gives you unrestricted flow and minimizes turbulence
- No need for additional validations when using our TPE tubing since same material used for tapered end
- All products assembled and packaged in a Class 10,000 clean room
- Much shorter turn-around time between ordering and shipping
- Manifolds and Assemblies in Weeks, NOT Months!
Depending on complexity, quantity and availability of parts, our lead times are usually between 4 to 6 weeks from receipt of P.O. and final approval of drawings, not 14 to 16 weeks like the other guys.
What Tubing is Used in the TubeCube® Tubing Connector System?
Yours or ours. Our WHK Class VI bioparmaceutical tubing is used in our TubeCube® Tubing Connector System. It meets all biopharmaceutical requirements. It's flexible, sterilizable, weldable and moldable. It's Gamma and ETO compatible, silicone oil-free, meets USP  Class VI, is UV protected, animal derived component free (ADCF), Phthalate-free, BPA-free, REACH and RoHS compliant, as well as ASTM and ANSI compliant. And when you use our tubing, the tapered ends of the tubing sections and caps are made from the same material, so there's no need for additional validations. You say you're already "specked in" for a different tubing and you need to use it instead? No problem. Call us.
Sounds Great, What’s the Next Step?
Send us a drawing and we’ll respond promptly with a quote. Have a new project in the works? We’re ready when you are.
TubeCube. Come Together.™
*C-Flex® and PharMed® are federally registered trademarks of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corp. (SGPPC). WHK BioSystems, LLC is not endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with SGPPC.